Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Blessings in 2013

Year 2013 will end much the same way it began – in a quaint little cabin atop the beautiful Smoky Mountains. This is becoming quite the tradition for us! 2013 was a much calmer year following a very eventful 2012. But before I begin our year in review, I would like to reflect for a moment on how monumental 2013 has been for my career. In January 2013, I began a new job and loved everything about it – from my precious patients, their parents, and every single one of my co-workers. There was no doubt that God had led me here using the people he had placed in my life. Which is why when I was offered my dream job at the end of July, it was more difficult that I had imagined. But it was very evident that God was leading me there, the same way he had led me here. So I packed up my second job with all of its memories and knowledge gained and walked into my third – as a therapist in our local school system. I am blessed every day by the children I work with – children who face circumstances and struggles that I have never known. There is no doubt God placed me here for a reason. And I know that I learn as much from them as they from me. It would be just fine with me if God would leave me here for awhile! 

Okay, so as I mentioned we had a pretty laid back year. A few milestones reached, travels to some of our favorite cities, celebrations and quality time with friends and loved ones. Looking back at our year to write this, I am overcome with joy! I am in awe of God’s goodness to us,  much more than we deserve. May we always seek to honor him!

We started the year with some renovations to our house. We replaced the outdated linoleum kitchen floors with a beautiful porcelain tile, ripped up carpet throughout the house and put it wooden flooring, plastered and painted over the wood paneling in the living room, and gave the kitchen and living room new paint colors. I wasn’t good at taking pictures during this time but here are a few of the kitchen.




 In March, Avery Mae turned one! We almost lost her this year but glad God allowed us to keep her – she brings us so much happiness.




We made two separate trips to Dallas/Fort Worth – one in May and one in July – and Andrew took me to my first MLB game! Go Rangers!

 


In July we went on our annual Young family beach vacation which was heavily rained out but we still had fun!



We came home to find out that Andrew’s parents’ mare had a pony! That we were not expecting! Surprise! 


In August I began my dream job!

In September we celebrated our first anniversary in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.


We also became landowners where we hope to build within the next two years!


In October we visited New Orleans, and I went to my first NFL game.. Geaux Saints!



We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Mississippi.

And Christmas at home... with the flu.

We were just thankful to be well yesterday to travel and meet my family in Tennessee to have Christmas with them and ring in the New Year!

We are looking forward to a wonderful 2014! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment