Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Avery Mae!

Can't believe Avery Mae turned TWO this past Friday! She is just the sweetest most fun-loving dog that I have ever had and I just love her to pieces! People tell us all the time that when we have kids that Avery will be "just a dog", but I know there will always be a special place in my heart for our fearless, chicken chasin', squirrel lovin', daddy kissin', duck huntin', accident prone little chocolate dog.

This is a photo collage I made and posted to Facebook on Friday:

And then Andrew made one too - and I had to include it because he had some pictures of her duck hunting that I didn't have. They had a great duck season this year and it finally clicked with Avery why she was there and she did awesome!

And yes, I did make her a little birthday cake on Friday.


She loved it! It's so easy to make. Here is the recipe I used for all you fellow dog lovers:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8" round pan (I used a 6") or an 8x4 inch loaf pan. Combine all ingredients. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes.

I also combined some peanut butter and honey and used for icing. Add a dog treat on top and there you have it! Super super easy!

Friday night we took the Ranger and rode some trails behind Andrew's parent's house. It was such a fun and laid back weekend. Here is one of seventeen attempts to get a selfie of us on the Ranger - I just love it :)


 Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and your week has gotten off to a great start!

-Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment