Saturday, March 15, 2014

What? Our wedding? Featured on THE KNOT?!

I am still a little bit in shock. I never in a million years would have expected that our small town Louisiana wedding would be featured on a nationally known wedding blog/website. Sure, we thought it was beautiful, but we were also seeing it through our newlywed bliss tinted glasses. Not to mention, we were a little bit partial. It was our day, after all. And it was perfect. Still, a year and a half later, there is not a single thing that I would have done differently. There are moments that stand out to me when I think back on September 22, 2012. The words that Andrew whispered in my ear when he saw me for the first time. Riding through town in the back of a convertible Roadster to buy some time until all our guests got to the reception site. Eating with Andrew in his parent's kitchen so we could steal a few minutes together before getting pulled in a hundred different directions. The way it felt to pull away from the reception, feel the cool breeze and hear the silence, and know that it was just us for the rest of our lives. These are things that the pictures did not capture, and the images that the editors/bloggers at The Knot could never write about. These are things that I think about when I remember our wedding day. Yes, the flowers were absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous and all the details came together just right to create the romantic charm and shabby chic feel that I had imagined. But these things only added to the true essence of our wedding day. I will forever be honored that someone without any personal connection to our day whatsoever, saw what we saw. We are honored to share small glimpses of our day with you.

Laura & Andrew on The Knot

There were so many wonderful people who worked so hard behind the scenes to make our wedding day so beautiful - and some that I never even got the chance to meet! Thanks again for everything!

 Styling & Wedding Planning: Shanna Lumpkin Events with Kelleigh McLeod and Pam Collins McLeod
Photography: Lauren F. Liddell
Catering: Fresh Cut Catering + Wendy Putt
Floral: Allums Line Floral Designs
Cinematography: Brian Flint
Lighting: Davaine Lighting
Stationary: Shanna Lumpkin Events

Cakes: The Cake Diva

0 comments:

Post a Comment